Sunday, February 24, 2013

A Fork in the Road

After teaching for 5 years in the Ga Lottery Pre-K program I have decided it is time to spread my wings. I graduated from Kennesaw State University in 2008 with my Bachelor's degree and began teaching the following school year. In 2010, I applied to Walden University to pursue my Master's degree in Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment. Unfortunately, I have not graduated. Shortly after I began my Master's program I found out I was pregnant with my 4th child, a GIRL, and I had a very hard time completing my thesis paper. My graduation date was set at the end of my pregnancy and I was overwhelmed. Looking back at my choice to not stress about the paper I regret it, but that is water under the bridge now. So here I am now, still teaching but my school that I am at lost its owner and the bank is running us now. Well the Pre-K program doesn't like that so who knows how long I will have a job...

Currently, I am applying to the county school system for a teaching job for the next school year. I am praying daily that I will be chosen for an interview and have the opportunity to show the Principal's how good I am! 

Have you ever had to make a choice to change your career and not know what to do? I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I understand all too well...Can't wait to hear how this transition goes!

    ReplyDelete